<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A tribute to Condoleeza Rice and George W. Bush who, despite voluminious evidence to the contrary, said, "I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile," adding that "even in retrospect" there was "nothing" to suggest that" and "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," respectively.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bush 04/24/06: Another "by the way" moment. 

As I've noted before, when Bush uses the phrase "by the way," a lie is close by.

By the way, you can't run a war, you can't make decisions based upon polls and focus groups, either."

Loosely translated, "I don't care what the people think, I'm the decider!"

Of course, Bush switches hats with the same regularity that he lies. Recently, depending on the situation, he goes from "decider" to "delegator." When asked about the atrocious Rumsfeld, he's the "decider." When asked about the failed occupation of Iraq, he's the "delegator."

"The fundamental question on the Iraq theater, though, is did we put enough troops in there in the first place. That's the debate in Washington. I'm sure you've heard about it. Let me just tell you what happened. I called Tommy Franks in with Don Rumsfeld and said, Tommy, if we're going in, you design the plan and you got what you need. I said -- I remember the era when politicians were trying to run wars, people trying to fine-tune this or fine-tune that. One the lessons of Vietnam, it seemed like to me -- still does -- is that people tried to make decisions on behalf of the military, which I think is a terrible precedent to make if you're the Commander-in-Chief.

The tortured syntax notwithstanding, he's blaming the "too few troops" on the military and giving Rumsfeld a pass. Not to mention that the "fundamental question" is whether the invasion and occupation of Iraq is the greatest blunder in the history of the United States.

Other recent "delegator" moments:

When asked about the 10,000 trailers sitting in Arkansas and not being used to help victims of Katrina and Rita.

When asked about the "private security" companies operating in Iraq with seeming impunity for criminal activity.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?