<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A tribute to Condoleeza Rice and George W. Bush who, despite voluminious evidence to the contrary, said, "I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile," adding that "even in retrospect" there was "nothing" to suggest that" and "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," respectively.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Why I Feel the Republicans Will Keep Me Safe 

I'm not a CIA operative whose husband exposed the administration's lie about Iraq's efforts to get "uranium from Africa."

I'm not a senior citizen dependent upon drugs to keep me healthy or alive.
My habitat is not in the pesky, cedar underbrush which threatens to overwhelm Crawford, Texas but for the efforts of the chain saw wielding, Brush Cutter in Chief.

I don't migrate through ANWAR.

I am not the democratically elected leader of a foreign country that Pat Robertson thinks should be assassinated even though that seems to be contrary one of the major tenets of his religion.

I live in a climate where I won't freeze to death if my heat is shut off for non-payment.

I am not a woman whose own life is threatened by my pregnancy.

I'm not a tree in an "old growth" forest.

I don't work in a coal mine.

I'm not a soldier in the line of fire without state-of-the-art body armor that although available, hasn't made it's way to Iraq.

I don't live in a part of the country where there are hurricanes.

The anthrax killer likely doesn't know who I am or that I'm a democrat.

I'm not black.

I'm not poor.

I'm not a veteran in the need of medical care.

I'm not suffering from the effects of the toxins in the air at "ground zero" which the EPA said was safe to breathe.

I am not an Iraqi civilian.

I am not a villager in the remote mountains of Pakistan whose neighbors might be having guests over for dinner.

My name is Osama Bin Laden.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?