<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A tribute to Condoleeza Rice and George W. Bush who, despite voluminious evidence to the contrary, said, "I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile," adding that "even in retrospect" there was "nothing" to suggest that" and "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," respectively.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

President Bush Meets The People

Question: Mr. Bush, I am the father of three. My youngest child, Suzie, suffers from mild retardation because my wife’s doctor prescribed two medicines with known adverse interactions while she was pregnant. Due to complications during delivery, my wife bled out when the doctor performing the Caesarian nicked an artery and failed to notice it before suturing her. Because, I live in California, the most I could get for medical malpractice was $250,000 for non-economic damages. Because my wife wasn’t working at the time, the overall award was very limited. Now, I have to work two jobs just to keep my head above water. Suzie requires almost constant supervision so I have to pay someone to watch her while I’m at work. The second job pays only minimum wage, but I have to work it or lose my house.

President Bush: Absolutely fantastic. That’s a heartwarming story about medical malpractice caps and proves what I’ve been saying all along about tort reform and frivolous lawsuits. Thank God we Americans are unique and we’ll pay others to work at a pay scale that’s below subsistence. So, by my figuring, 3 jobs are required to maintain your household; your two and the one for your son’s caregiver. That’s truly remarkable and you are to be commended.

Question: That's daughter, sir.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?